Latest From Our Blog:
Volunteer Coordinator HopeLine, Inc.
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
HopeLine, Inc is a grassroots organization that focuses on crisis intervention and suicide prevention. Our mission is to support people and save lives in times of crisis through caring, confidential conversations. HopeLine operates 3 main programs throughout the community, each focuses on confidential active listening to increase the overall well-being of our community, which includes a crisis line, Teen TalkLine, and reassurance call program. In addition, HopeLine offers outreach programs designed to educate the community on signs of depression and suicide prevention. HopeLine is a United Way of the Greater Triangle Partner agency that has been serving the Triangle area since 1970.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers to answer crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotlines and text lines; developing, implementing and providing assistance to the Executive Director (ED) in support of promotional and fundraising activities; line coverage.
Examples of key responsibilities are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Responsible for ongoing recruitment, training, scheduling and retention of crisis line volunteers
- Coordinate with day to day check ins with current HopeLine (HL) volunteers
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteer training sessions to include updating of all HopeLine resources
- Coverage of the crisis line/ text line
- Update all forms of social media on behalf of HL
- Assist in day to day planning, coordinating and executing public relations activities and events in the Triangle to promote HL
- Assist in planning, coordinating and executing print, broadcast and media advertising campaigns on behalf of HL to promote crisis line, text line, reassurance program and volunteer recruitment
- Assist in creation of print materials such as press releases, agency and volunteer recruitment brochures and advertisements as well as creating of copy for such things as public service announcements and community calendars
- Assist with maintenance of monthly call reports for Triangle United Way and other funders
- Assist in day to day operations of HL business office
- Formal training on active listening techniques and philosophy (preferably HopeLine’s active listening training)
- Experience in conducting classroom-style training
- Proficiency in creating and proofreading documents
- Computer literacy skills and a strong working knowledge of technology and the use of standard office programs and networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be very comfortable with public speaking
- Extremely organized, self-motivated, be able to multi-task and also work in partnership with the ED and Board of Directors
Salary range: $28,000-$32,000 commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and 3 references to:
All interested parties should submit an application by close of business March 31, 2017.
Please join us for our upcoming volunteer training for the following dates:
April 3 & April 5 6:00 – 9:00
April 10 & April 12 6:00 – 9:00
April 17 & April 19 6:00 – 9:00
April 24 & April 26 6:00 – 9:00
May 1 & May 3 6:00 – 9:00
Attendance is required at every class. Please download and submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions please contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com / 919-832-3326.
HopeLine starts a new Crisis Counselor training session soon. Training will begin on Monday, October 17th. HopeLine provides extensive training, including over 40 hours of instruction with experts in our community and internships with staff and experienced volunteers. For more information on joining our training session visit our volunteer page or contact the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the office, 919-832-3326, if you have further questions. All interested volunteers must submit an application and have a phone interview before joining our training.
We hope you will join us!
Training will be held each of the following Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00PM – 9:00PM:
Monday October 17 and Wednesday October 19
Monday October 24 and Wednesday October 26
Monday October 31 and Wednesday November 2
Monday November 7 and Wednesday November 9
Monday November 14 and Wednesday November 16
Download: Volunteer Application